Species of Concern
This tool will provide a consolidated list of species of concern based on eight different priority lists:
- Birds of Conservation Concern
- Game Birds Below Desired Condition
- Non-migratory Bird Species of Concern
- North American Waterbird Conservation Plan
- North American Waterfowl Management Plan
- Partners in Flight
- U.S. Shorebird Conservation Plan
- Threatened and Endangered Species (50 CFR 17.11)
The map shows Bird Conservation Regions (BCR). Click on the map and a new window will open showing a larger BCR map. Click the BCR in which your installation resides, and a blowup of the area around the installation will appear, along with the species of concern for the entire BCR. Click on an installation and the list of species specific to that installation will appear.
Global population size estimates for 448 native landbirds of the U.S. and Canada are maintained in the PIF Species Assessment Database.
DoD PIF Priority Species for Monitoring Fact Sheet
- Download Low-Res Fact Sheet [278 KB]
- Download Hi-Res Fact Sheet [626 KB]
- Birds of Conservation Concern [351 KB]