New Project Selections
The National Defense Center for Energy and Environment (NDCEE) announces the FY22 technology projects for demonstration/validation (Dem/Val). The NDCEE is a Department of Defense (DoD) program that addresses DoD’s high-priority environmental, safety, occupational health and energy (ESOHE) technological challenges. Innovative technologies are demonstrated and validated at active DoD installations for military application. Proven technologies are transitioned to the DoD Services, other federal agencies and to the public. Implementing technologies to enable the Army to fight and win our nation’s wars.
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health) is designated by the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations, Energy & Environment) as the NDCEE DoD Lead Agent. The US Army Environmental Command provides NDCEE Program Management. Transitioned projects will ensure the NDCEE program remains an enabler in accomplishing the DoD mission with an emphasis in “Achieving Dominant Capabilities through innovation and technical excellence.”
The following projects were selected to begin in FY 2022.
- Intelligent Battery Tray for Small-and Medium-sized EOD Robots
- 6T Hybrid Power Energy Router (6T-HYPER)
- Unmanned Helicopter Hook-up for Sling Load Operations
- ENVIROPETS for PFAS contaminated water
- Zero Water Footprint Strategy for Agile Bases
- Marine Corps STAMP (MCSTAMP)
- Demonstration and Validation of Dripless Brush Zinc-Nickel Electroplating as a Cadmium Alternative
- DoD Enterprise-wide Chromium-Free Technology Selection Tool
The call for NDCEE Project Proposals is March 1 every year. For additional information on the NDCEE or on how to submit a nomination package, please click here.