Environmental Data Quality Group
With representatives from Army, Navy, Air Force, and Defense Logistics Agency, this workgroup's primary mission is to develop and recommend DoD policy pertaining to environmental sampling,laboratory testing operations, and data quality.
Primary goals are to:
- Promote the generation of environmental data of known and documented quality
- Develop and recommend DoD policy affecting environmental sampling and testing operations
- Facilitate a coordinated response to legislative and regulatory issues
- Coordinate the exchange of technology and best management practices within DoD
- Improve overall performance.
Search Accredited Labs
The EDQW also responds to legislative and regulatory initiatives and other requests for Component information and policy, and coordinates information exchange among DoD Components.
The DoD EDQW has developed the DoD Advanced Geophysical Classification Accreditation Program (DAGCAP) to accredit organizations that perform advanced classification at DoD MRS. The DAGCAP will use third-party accreditation bodies (ABs) to provide a unified program through which geophysical classification organizations (GCOs) can demonstrate competency and document conformance to a set of requirements.
Requirements are based on the international standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005, General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories supplemented by the DoD Quality Systems Requirements for Organizations Performing Advanced Classification (DoD QSR).
We have also provided a frequently asked question (FAQ) document to accompany the QSR.