Sustainability Success Stories
- EPA and DoD Sign MOU [2.50 MB]
DoD and EPA recognize their extensive common and complementary interests in environmental research and development, environmental management, installation capabilities and operations, and integrating sustainability actions.
The purpose of this MOU is to enhance and continue EPA and DoD's working relationship with regard to innovative research, technological demonstration, and convening key actors to support DoD's vision of sustainable and resilient military installations.
- USPS and DoD Sign MOU [2.96 MB]
The USPS BlueEarth™ Federal Recycling Program provides a simple and free solution to recycle e-waste.
USPS and DoD signed a memorandum of understanding that allows employees of DoD to recycle qualified personally owned consumer electronic devices.
This free program helps implement the goals of EO 13514 (Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance). Electronic devices included as part of the program include printer cartridges, cell phones, tablets, MP3 players, GPS devices, digital cameras, media games and game systems, DVD and Blu-ray players, computers, servers, and storage media.
To recycle personal property through the program, go to http://www.fedrecycling.com, select DoD and confirm the items are personally owned, enter information about the items to be recycled, print a label, pack the items in your own box, and mail the package using USPS. No user name or password is required. For more information on the USPS Federal Recycling Program, visit http://blueearth.usps.gov.
The USPS BlueEarth Federal Recycling Program follows DoD protocols for wiping data from all personal items.
Watch a video about the Program here: USPS BlueEarth Federal Recycling Program
Energy Security and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reductions
- Ft. Leonard Wood Biobased Hydraulic Fluids Prove Successful in Military Field Demonstration (v1) [181 KB]
- Ft Leonard Wood Biobased Hydraulic Fluids Prove Successful in Military Field Demonstration (v2) [434 KB]
- MCB Hawaii Resident Energy [1.06 MB]
- First Large Scale Wind Turbine at a Marine Corps Facility Will Save Base $515,000 in Annual Energy Cost [54 KB]
- Canadian Army Currie Barracks Sustainable Residential Community with Gold LEED Certification [183 KB]
- DoD Greening of the Pentagon [55 KB]
- Naval Education and Training Command Submarine Learning Center Turning Green with New Building [29 KB]
- Weinstein Village Starts, Ends 'Green' [1.17 MB]
Environmental Engineering and Science
Green (Sustainable) Procurement
Solid Waste (Pollution Prevention)
Vehicle Use and Transportation
- 2009 Closing the Circle Award: Air Force VEMSO - Promoting the Use of Alternative Fuels, Hybrids, and LSVs [122 KB]