Legislation & Policy
- Strategic Plan for Amphibian and Reptile Conservation and Management on DoD Lands [856 KB]
This document summarizes current reptile and amphibian related challenges and concerns on DoD lands, and highlights reptile and amphibian strategies and priorities that can inform and enhance DoD’s natural resource conservation and management activities. Success will be achieved by implementing proactive, habitat-based management strategies that maintain healthy landscapes and training lands in ways that sustain and enable DoD’s testing, training, operations, and safety mission.
- Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) Federal Agencies Steering Committee MOU [556 KB]
The purpose of this MOU is to provide a framework for cooperation and coordination among the Agencies in achieving the objectives of the PARC Federal Steering Committee.
- Memorandum on Sikes Act Implementing Procedures- Clarifying the role of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services and State Agencies [31 KB]
This memorandum (dated June 20, 2014) is intended to clarify the role of the USFWS and state agencies in implementing Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan (INRMP) objectives.
- The Endangered Species Act
The Endangered Species Act provides for the conservation of ecosystems upon which threatened and endangered species of fish, wildlife, and plants depend.
- DoD Policy to Use Pollinator-Friendly Management Prescriptions (2014) [59 KB]
This memorandum confirms DoD policy to use current best management practices, as appropriate, specifically to protect pollinators (e.g., bees, birds, bats, butterflies, moths) and their habitats, and establishes policy to coordinate with partners on pollinator issues.