- Landscaping To Attract Birds [52 KB]
- In Defense of Coral Reefs [90 KB]
- IYOR and DON Support (highlights) [153 KB]
- Coral Reef Implementation Plan [2.85 MB]
This document outlines policies and actions to implement the militarys responsibilities under Executive Order 13089 on Coral Reef Protection. The plan contains a comprehensive overview of Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps policies and programs related to coral reef protection, describes military activities potentially affecting coral reef ecosystems. It lists funding sources for coral reef conservation activities, discusses DoD research, outreach, and stewardship initiatives, planned and in progress, designed to protect and enhance coral reef ecosystems.
- Technical Notes - Evaluating the Performance of Reefs Constructed from Military Armored Vehicles [71 KB]
- An Assessment of the Condition of Coral Reefs Off the Former Navy Bombing Ranges at Isla de Culebra and Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico [8.37 MB]
This Study documents the condition of fringing coral reefs in military and non-military areas, using the Puerto Rican islands of Culebra and Vieques as models.
- DoD Conservation Guide [830 KB]