- Fact Sheet: Development of a Management System and Geographic Interface for Biological Resource Data (Legacy 10-111) [1.63 MB]
- Data Viewer Zip File: Development of a Management System and Geographic Interface for Biological Resource Data (Legacy 10-111) [14.58 MB]
- Development of a Management System and Geographic Interface for Biological Resource Data: Transfer Plan, February 2012 (Legacy 10-111) [3.30 MB]
A natural resource data viewer web application, built by the University of Southern California Spatial Sciences Institute (SSI, 2011) for the Department of Defense Legacy Program provides an innovative digital data archive with advanced geospatial search and data retrieval capabilities. This document provides background and instructions for the transfer and use of this data viewer by the Department of Defense. The accompanying zip files allow for installation of quick keys on desktops. Instructions for loading are in the report and the Read Me file in the Flexviewer Folder.
- Report: Development of a Management System and Geographic Interface for Biological Resource Data - February 2012 (Legacy 10-111) [6.01 MB]
The objective of the project was to develop an online tool to view and archive biological resource data that would be accessible to non-specialist users and be consistent with current technology specifications for the Department of the Defense and its contractors at a pilot location, the Defense Fuel Support Point insane Pedro, California.
- Coral Ecosystems and Marine Resources Initiative T/E and Sensitive Species Database (Legacy 10-306)
This is an extensive compilation of information and tools for consistent management and conservation of DoD protected marine species and associated benthic/marine habitat (coral reef ecosystems), including endangered threatened and sensitive resources and habitat. The database will assist in compliance with numerous Federal Acts and Executive Orders particularly with regards to the need to inventory biologically or geographically significant or sensitive natural resources. The database provides resource information for use in decision-making regarding on-shore or near-shore activities in order to maintain military readiness with minimal adverse impacts to the marine environment. It serves as an in-house resource for locating underwater resources and identifying potential impacts related to mission needs, operations or development projects.
- Fact Sheet: Bird Strike Hazards and Mitigation Strategies for Military Rotary-wing Aircraft (Legacy 11-944)
- Fact Sheet: White Nose Syndrome (WNS) and Bats: DoD Readiness on Military Installations II - Western USA (Legacy 11-445)
- Fact Sheet: Part III: Wildlife Trade and the U.S. Military Aborad: Raising awareness and reducing demand (Legacy 11-444) [292 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Sustainable Cooperative Invasive Species Management Areas (CISMAs) for Effective Management on Military Bases and Adjacent Lands across Florida (Legacy 11-437) [469 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Grassland Bird Productivity on Military Airfields in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions (Legacy 11-408) [202 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Le Conte's Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei) Occupancy and Prediction of Occurrence Modeling: Barry M. Goldwater Range and Yuma Proving Ground in Southwestern Arizona (Legacy 11-343) [961 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Developing Coastal Wetland Restoration Techniques to Enhance Coastal Habitats at Ahua Reef, Hickam AFB, HI (Legacy 11-320) [717 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Coral Ecosystem and Marine Resources Initiative - Threatened, Endangered, and Sensitive Species (Legacy 11-306) [74 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Workshop to Improve Inter-Agency Cooperation and Collaboration for Managing Sustainable Populations of Mohave Ground Squirrels (Legacy 11-121)
- Fact Sheet: Strategic Management of Invasive Species (Legacy 11-114) [207 KB]
Fact Sheet: Strategic Management of Invasive Species in the Northwest United States - Workshop (Legacy 11-114).
- Fact Sheet: DoD Partners in Flight Program Management and Technical Support for 2010 (Legacy 10-1717) [99 KB]
- Fact Sheet: DoD Natural Resources Program Communications and Education Strategy (Legacy 10-467) [196 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Modeling the Impacts of Climate Change on Birds and Vegetation on Military Lands (Legacy 10-465)
- Fact Sheet: Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment Guidance for Conserving DoD Ecological Resources (Legacy 10-460) [203 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Utilizing CISMAs to Effectively Reduce Re-infestation of Invaders on six (6) Military Bases and Adjacent Lands in Florida (Legacy 10-437) [271 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Cerulean Warbler Occurrence Atlas for Military Installations - Year 2 (Legacy 10-429) [76 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Determining Marine Movement and Behavior of the Gulf Sturgeon in the Gulf of Mexico off Eglin Air Force Base, Florida (Legacy 10-428)
- Fact Sheet: Tracing The Geographic Origin of Migratory Birds (Legacy 10-427)
Fact Sheet: Tracing the Geographic Origin of Migratory Birds Breeding on DoD Lands Using Stable Isotopes (Legacy 10-427).
- Fact Sheet: DoD Amphibian Disease Survey From the Mountains to the Prairies- Seasonal Bd Responses Differ by Latitude and Longitude at a Continental Scale (Legacy 10-426) [320 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Department of Defense PARC (Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation) Strategic Plan Phase II (Legacy 10-423)
- Fact Sheet: DoD Natural Resources Training Workshops: Sikes Act, Endangered Species Act (Legacy 10-417) [169 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Ongoing Maintenance and Monitoring of Established American Chestnut (Castanea dentata) Test Orchards on Two TNARNG Installations (Legacy 10-401) [66 KB]
- Fact Sheet: The Bat Grid Inventory and Monitoring Project: A Regional Approach to Inventorying and Monitoring Bat Populations (Legacy 10-390) [490 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Avian Response to Grassland Management Around Military Airfields in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions - Year 3 (Legacy 10-381)
- Fact Sheet: Occupancy and Distribution - Le Conte's Thrasher (Legacy 10-343)
Fact Sheet: Status and Distribution of Le Conte's Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei) - a species at-risk on three southwestern military installations (Legacy 10-343).
- Fact Sheet: Assessing the Status of Declining Rusty Blackbirds on DoD Lands in Alaska (Legacy 10-337) [692 KB]
- Fact Sheet: To Establish a Series of Permanent Seed-Source Nursery Beds to Use In Restoration of South Puget Sound Prairies (Legacy 10-326) [106 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Coral Ecosystem and Marine Resources Initiative T/E and Sensitive Species (Legacy 10-306) [3.71 MB]
- Fact Sheet: Species at Risk on DoD Lands - Updated Analysis, Report, and Maps (Legacy 10-247) [143 KB]
- Fact Sheet: Monitoring Migratory Birds Using Automated Acoustic Technologies (Legacy 10-245)
Continuation Year 4.
- Fact Sheet: Kirtland's Warbler - A Success Story of Cooperative Conservation on Saving an Endangered Species (Legacy 10-119)
- Fact Sheet: Development of a Management System and Geographic Interface for Biological Resource Data (Legacy 10-111)