Why the Regional Environmental Coordination Program Exists:
- To protect the military’s ability to prepare U.S. Service men and women to defend our country by working cooperatively with state governments and federal agencies on environmentally-related issues to ensure continued access and use of the necessary land sea and air space.
- To monitor new environmental requirements and communicate these to commands and installations that must comply with these laws and rules.
- To educate lawmakers and regulators on military impacts, concerns and needs so informed decisions can be made.
- To coordinate issues that impact more than one Service within a geographic region.
- To monitor application of enforcement in each jurisdiction to ensure equitable treatment of the DoD