Mission and Functions
To protect the military’s ability to prepare U.S. service men and women to defend our country by working cooperatively with state governments and federal agencies on environmentally related issues to ensure continued access and use of the necessary land, sea and airspace.
- Monitoring and engaging on state regulatory and legislative developments;
- Educating state governments and federal agencies on the military’s training, testing and operational needs;
- Developing cooperative partnerships that support the military’s mission;
- Coordinating and delivering a unified military position on issues that can affect our ability to operate;
- Providing strategic regional intelligence and perspectives to military HQ policy makers.