The NDCEE was established to help DoD installations, ranges, weapon systems, and the warfighter achieve performance advantages, enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness, and comply with regulations. Our mission is to transition technology solutions in support of the DoD as it strives to maintain readiness, meet sustainability goals, and support warfighters at home and abroad.
In support of our NDCEE mission, we conduct the following RDT&E activities:
- Provide a joint framework for defining and identifying common environmental, safety, occupational health, and energy (ESOHE) requirements across the DoD
- Make available a proven contractual tool to:
- Conduct assessments, provide technology development expertise, and execute unbiased testing efforts of potential ESOHE alternative solutions
- Demonstrate, validate, and transition technologies to DoD and industry, ensuring solutions are systematically considered for the widest possible application
- Provide train-the-trainer services that support the fielding of new, validated technologies