With representatives from Army, Navy, Air Force, and Defense Logistics Agency, this workgroup's primary mission is to develop and recommend DoD policy pertaining to environmental sampling,laboratory testing operations, and data quality.
Primary goals are to:
• Promote the generation of environmental data of known and documented quality
• Develop and recommend DoD policy affecting environmental sampling and testing operations
• Facilitate a coordinated response to legislative and regulatory issues
• Coordinate the exchange of technology and best management practices within DoD
• Improve overall performance.
QSM Version 5.0 FINAL
The Department of Defense (DoD) Environmental Data Quality Workgroup (EDQW) presents the final version 5.0 of the Quality Systems Manual (QSM) for Environmental Laboratories. The QSM provides baseline requirements for the establishment and management of quality systems for laboratories performing analytical testing services for the DoD. This version will be used to accredit all DoD-ELAP laboratories with the goal of complete compliance within the next two and a half years.
This is an official United States Government System for authorized, unclassified use only. Do not discuss, enter, transfer,
process, or transmit classified/sensitive national security information of greater sensitivity than this system is authorized.